
Last year I got the opportunity to spend 4 months studying in the meat and beer capital of the world, a place where old baroque Bohemia rubs up against underground new-wave punk, and produces a weird post-communist mongoloid baby, constantly drunk on culture and nearly-free booze. Prague is a city that knows its art, its mustaches, its meat products and most of all, its beer. But after two months of non-stop binge drinking with the classic bro-ski study-abroaders, I needed a break from that golden nectar at less then one dollar a pint. I came across my savior, the perfect balance between old world class and new world trash, a place where knowledge and belligerence could meet and lounge in hazy smoke and comfortable leather, a place where I could finally get my whiskey.

Bar and Books has two locations in Prague, serving hundreds of whiskeys from all around the world. Inside you feel like your in Kafka's personal library, shmoozing with the Czech elite. Compared to most places in Prague, this place is high class, but if your on the American dollar its still a ridiculous deal for some awesome aged scotch and a break from the screaming frat boys and British bachelor parties.


The memories in Prague can never be replaced, but luckily there are three locations of Bar and Books in New York City, just in case I want to get that creatively drunk baby feeling back again.
i was about to go to the one on lexington last time i was there but wasn't dressed right. lets go!
ReplyDeletei've actually been there...and it was awesome.
ReplyDeletebut i mean, i've been to the one in prague
ReplyDelete